Velo Club Moulin

Saturday 7 August 2010

Crc Marathon- Selkirk

I made the journey to Selkirk last Sunday for the Chain Reaction Cycles Mtb Marathon. Having not participated in it for the last two years i had it in my head that i would try and better my previous times but little did i know that Pete Laing had other ideas and had altered the course since i took part last, so with an unknown ahead of me i set off at 10am with the other 800 or so riders.

The new 85km course certainly didn't disappoint with long stiff climbs followed by fast downhills, some wide open, some tight and techy. Sundays event was blessed with good weather which gave us dry dusty trails to ride. I had a good outing but suffered greatly in the heat heading up onto the Minch moor. Once i was up there i knew it was almost over with a fast blast along to the 3 Brethren and the final descent in to Selkirk rugby club. I finished in 5:04 with my computer telling me that my actual riding time for the 85km had taken me 4:51. So a return in 2011 looks on the cards to better that time!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Good effort Gordy.that's a cracking time!

dRjON said...

ace work