Velo Club Moulin

Thursday 2 June 2011

Old Skool River Run

Armed with nothing more than a water bottle and half a Mule bar I headed off to do an old skool ride through an old drove road from Strathrory to Scotsburn.





After the last few days of wind and more rain showers than not I was itching to get out and with hardly a cloud in the sky today I wasn't going to pass it up. My route took me up a sun dappled fire road climb through Inchindown, This gives good views to the West over Ben Wyvis.







The river run has always been a favorite, It has changed slightly over the years, where you once got your feet wet there is now wooden bridges, Although not massively technical it does have some nice hillside singletrack which was dry and dusty today.






I was on my newish Ti hardtail for todays ride with 100mm forks I was overforked compared to bikes of years gone by that I would have cycled this route on.






The last section of trail takes me past Loch Catrina which was glistening in the sun today.





And what better way to finish a ride with hearty plate of Beanz on Toast, with a little sprinkling of cheese........... Is that allowed?





All in the ride is 22 miles and takes in 1581 feet of ascent and 1469 feet of descent, Lets hope this weather holds and I can get out and reverse those figures in favour of descending!














1 comment:

chrisD said...

mm, cheese beany. mmm